The M or matrix protein is the most abundant protein in the virus and is usually located at the inner layer of the virus envelope. The M protein defines the shape of the virus and contacts the N protein for additional stability.
- Product Name: SARS-CoV-2 M Protein, GFP/His-tagged
- Catalog No.: P2020-020
- RefSeq Links: UniProt: P0DTC5
- Synonyms: SARS-CoV-2; coronavirus; SARS-CoV-2 M; M protein; Membrane glycoprotein; 2019-nCoV; COVID-2019; COVID-19
- Species: SARS-CoV-2; Wuhan seafood market pneumonia virus
- Tags: His-Tag, C-terminal
Sequence without tags:
- Expression Host: human, HEK293-F (FreeStyle cells)
- Formulation: 20mM Tris, pH 7.5, 300mM NaCl, 0.05% DDM, 0.5% CHS
- Format: Liquid, stored and shipped at -80°C
- Purity: > 85% as determined by SDS-PAGE
One of the most abundant proteins in the severe acute respiratory syndrome corona virus (SARS-CoV) is the matrix (M) protein. It is usually located at the inner layer of the viral envelope membrane and defines the shape of the virus together with the capsid. It establishes the contact between the nucleoprotein (N protein), the envelope protein (E protein) and the viral envelope for additional stability of the virus. Because of its high abundancy in the viral particle, it poses an attractive target for the development of vaccines and drugs against SARS-CoV-2.
Size exclusion chromotography chromatogram