Cysteine protease 3CL-Mpro of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) that cleaves the transcribed viral polyprotein into several functional proteins at two self-cleavage sites.
- Product Name: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) 3CL-Mpro Protein, His-Tag
- Catalog No.: P2020-018
- RefSeq Links: NC_045512.2; MN908947.3; YP_009724390.1; QHD43416.1; GeneID: 43740568; UniProt: P0DTD1
- Synonyms: 3CL Mpro; 3CL Pro; 3CL protease; 3C-like main protease; SARS-CoV-2; coronavirus; 2019-nCoV; COVID-2019; COVID-19
“In our COVID-19 projects, we have had very good experience with the SARS-CoV-2 proteins produced by trenzyme: rapid and reliable production of the functional proteins from different cell lines continued to provide first-class support for our projects.”
Dr. Peter Rauch
CANDOR Bioscience GmbH, Wangen, Germany
- Species: SARS-CoV-2; Wuhan seafood market pneumonia virus
- Tags: N-terminal
Sequence without tags (AA 1-306):
- Expression Host: E. coli
- Formulation: PBS, pH 7,4; contains Glycerol as protectant
- Format: Liquid, stored and shipped at -80°C
- Purity: > 90% as determined by SDS-PAGE
The new coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 expresses two proteases, the papain-like protease (PLpro) and 3C-like protease (3CLpro). Both belong to the group of cysteine proteases, as they have a cysteine residue at their catalytic site. Their main function is the processing of the viral polyprotein, that contains two cleavage sites to build up the viral replicase complex. Additionally, PLpro has the ability of removing ISG15 and ubiquitin from viral proteins expressed in the cell, this enables evasion from the innate immune response by the host. This represents an interesting target for drug development. This is because it not only would inhibit viral replication, but would also prevent the massive immunological response that results from the over-activation of the host’s immune system. Such an over-activation can lead to damage of the uninfected cells and thus to a worsening of the patient’s condition.
N-terminal His-Tag may interfere with activity of protein. If activity is crucial, please choose the Tag-free variant (Cat. No. P2020-019) or the unmodified variant with authentic N-terminus (Cat. No. P2020-027).
Histogram of marked lane in gel picture