SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Spike S1 Protein (RBD, short version)
Price excl. shipping costs excl. VAT. For more information, see our shipping policy
SKU: P2020-026 trenzyme
Recombinant protein of the receptor binding domain (RBD, short version) of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Spike S1 from Wuhan pneumonia virus with C-terminal His-Tag.
- Product Name: SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Spike S1 Protein (RBD, short version), His-Tag
- Catalog No.: P2020-026
- RefSeq Links: NC_045512.2; MN908947.3; YP_009724390.1; QHD43416.1; GeneID: 43740568; UniProt: P0DTC2
- Synonyms: SARS-CoV-2; coronavirus; SARS-CoV-2 spike RBD; SARS-CoV-2 spike protein; 2019-nCoV; COVID-2019; COVID-19
“In our COVID-19 projects, we have had very good experience with the SARS-CoV-2 proteins produced by trenzyme: rapid and reliable production of the functional proteins from different cell lines continued to provide first-class support for our projects.”
Dr. Peter Rauch
CANDOR Bioscience GmbH, Wangen, Germany
- Species: SARS-CoV-2; Wuhan seafood market pneumonia virus
- Tags: His-Tag, C-terminal
Sequence without tags (AA 330-532):
- Expression Host: human, HEK293
- Formulation: PBS, pH 7,4
- Format: Liquid, stored and shipped at -80°C
- Purity: > 90% as determined by SDS-PAGE
The spike (S) glycoprotein of coronaviruses is essential for binding of the virus to the host cell at the beginning of the infection process. The severe acute respiratory syndrome-coronavirus (SARS-CoV) spike (S) glycoprotein is responsible for membrane fusion and is therefore required for virus entry and cell fusion. The target protein is also a major immunogen and a possible target for entry inhibitors.
The SARS-CoV-2 spike (S) protein is a large type I transmembrane protein composed of two subunits, S1 and S2. The S1 subunit contains a receptor-binding domain (RBD) responsible for binding to the host cell receptor angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2). The S2 subunit mediates fusion between the viral and host cell membranes. The S1 RBD protein plays key parts in the induction of neutralizing-antibody and T-cell responses, as well as protective immunity.
Histogram of marked lane in gel picture
Activity of SARS-CoV-2 S1 (RBD,short)
Activity of different SARS-CoV-2 S1 (RBD) variants in comparison: Cat. No. P2020-001 (Spike S1 (RBD) and Cat. No. P2020-026 (Spike S1 (RBD, short). Sandwich-ELISA with antibodies from Sino Biological Europe GmbH (coat: #40150-D003 and detection: #40150-D001-H).